Passage: Philippians 3:7-11
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
1. What is the most important thing for the Apostle Paul in this passage?
2. What does he consider everything else?
3. How can you make knowing Jesus your primary focus?
4. Are there steps you can take to get involved (or more involved) in a church that will help you grow in your relationship with Jesus?
5. Thank Jesus for what he’s teaching you and what you’ll learn about him and yourself in the coming days. We’ll look at more of Philippians 3 tomorrow.